Senior Portfolio Project Manager
• Responsible for management of the company’s clinical portfolio of projects.
• Facilitate project definition, selection, prioritization, monitoring and resourcing activities.
• Partner with cross-functional project sponsors and business leads to ensure portfolio data integrity and properly forecast resources.
• Provide communications on a regular basis, outlining portfolio progress, risks, and issues.
• Facilitate project assessment discussions, understanding the business needs, strategic importance, and scope of the project effort.
• Understand and monitor the real-time status of the company’s clinical portfolio of projects.
• Provide recommendations for portfolio changes and adjustments.
• Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders as needed to ensure the portfolio stays on track and meet deadlines; build strong and positive relationships.
• Raise portfolio level risks and issues.
• Follow up with all parties to ensure necessary resources are available and assigned for project execution, understanding the resource capacity of portfolio.
• Execute portfolio-based communication plans.
• Facilitate regular portfolio meetings for project decisions, prioritization, and resource allocations.
• Manage the portfolio budget in partnership with finance and other functions.
• Provide data analysis of portfolio progress.
• Act as primary point of contact for the project portfolio.
• Ensure project managers follow all company and departmental policies and procedures.
• Manage and mentor project managers in personal development, annual performance reviews and performance management.
• Create a high-performing team environment that fosters and empowers individual contribution, teamwork and decision-making.
• Complete mandatory training within required timeframe.
• Perform other duties as assigned